What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Last thing that annoyed you?

Today, a patient started venting to me about the inability to see their doctor because of how booked they are. They weren't mad at me, but it's just tiresome that people think it's okay to unload on those who don't have the ability to change jack shit. I got it with retail customers and I still get it in different forms in healthcare.

Venting makes people feel better but they should save the drama for their mama (or friend or therapist) :p

Venting makes people feel better but they should save the drama for their mama (or friend or therapist) :p
I don't mind it sometimes. I'm just really struggling mentally, and it's not the patient's fault they don't know that. But yes, they could probably save it for doctor/therapist.

Realizing that I have to go back to work tomorrow and I wasted my three days off, which flew by

yesterday I went to a BBQ and was almost stung by a wasp

ah I hate those pesky things..

My computer chair ins't that old and I just noticed that the material is flaking off the arm rest.

People thinking they are better than me on things I've done for years. "Oh, well I don't need your help with this. So mind your own business"

My computer chair ins't that old and I just noticed that the material is flaking off the arm rest.
Bummer, Dude! :mad:
Since it is a good national brand + from Costco, might you consider taking it back for a refund? IMO you should be able to expect more quality than that.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe that it is the exactly the same as my husband's. It's probably six years old and holding up just fine. He does use it daily.

The idiot who cut me off on the way home to work honking his horn because he didn't want me merging in front of him... He then proceeded to flip me off after I drove past him in the turn lane because his was backed up with traffic... Some humans I swear. :idiot:

People thinking they are better than me on things I've done for years. "Oh, well I don't need your help with this. So mind your own business"

:hug: Hang in there.

Bummer, Dude! :mad:
Since it is a good national brand + from Costco, might you consider taking it back for a refund? IMO you should be able to expect more quality than that.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe that it is the exactly the same as my husband's. It's probably six years old and holding up just fine. He does use it daily.

I got this chair from Staples. I guess I have had it for a while. I searched for my order confirmation email and I bought it 2 years ago (May 2021). Still, you'd think it would hold up longer than 2 years. This is the chair: https://www.staples.com/la-z-boy-ar...-executive-chair-brown-60009/product_24398915

It was cheaper when I bought it, it was $179 then.

The idiot who cut me off on the way home to work honking his horn because he didn't want me merging in front of him... He then proceeded to flip me off after I drove past him in the turn lane because his was backed up with traffic... Some humans I swear. :idiot:

Traffic stuff is the worst! We need teleportation technology already. :p

Traffic stuff is the worst! We need teleportation technology already. :p
Not possible, you can't dematerialize and rematerialize someone without violating several universal constants. And they won't be 100% on the other side due to the Heisenberg uncertainty principle.

Otoh you can fold space and step across. Same effect but you aren't murdering people and making clones of them every time you use it.

MyBB Support..

Or should I say, a lack thereof..

Well MyBB is a free software so I suppose you get what you pay for :shrug:

This shit. And it is WORSE than it was weeks ago..

Screenshot_20230629-211950_AirNow.jpg

Thats not good!

Not possible, you can't dematerialize and rematerialize someone without violating several universal constants. And they won't be 100% on the other side due to the Heisenberg uncertainty principle.

Otoh you can fold space and step across. Same effect but you aren't murdering people and making clones of them every time you use it.

Thanks Dr. Spooky :D

Well MyBB is a free software so I suppose you get what you pay for :shrug:

Thats not good!

Thanks Dr. Spooky :D
Maybe so, but so was Jcink and IF..

But then again, it was started by kids I think.. so it isnt surprising that they are busy.. I have tried posting on FP for help.. it is seemingly a simple issue but with my memory issues I don't really have the headspace for it.

Anyway I am just ready to see it forked and I am curious about what someone else could do with it..

I was listening to this week's Discover Weekly playlist on Spotify and a song came up...

...called "Andrew Tate Was Right"..... SPOTIFY NO!! WHO DO YOU THINK I AM? WHAT DID I LISTEN TO TO CAUSE THIS?

Canadian Judging You GIF

Nothing, I got to sleep in and its a day off :D

as trivial as it is, wanting to watch the wizard of oz and finding that when I turned on the channel, I'd missed most of it and she was getting ready to return home. would have been a lovely saturday film if I knew it was on

I have it on dvd somewhere, but no idea where

over at my friends this morning helping get her ready for a holiday to turky she is going on tomorrow

stomach ache and had to use her bathroom to throw up

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom