What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

While sleeping: Fan or No Fan?

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark

When you go to bed, do you sleep with the fan running or do you not use one at all?

If it's really hot and sticky, and I don't have any A/C, yes, I'll use a fan, but then again, I sleep more restful if I'm covered. I think that might be a security/safety thing rather than purely a comfort thing.

Fan alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll the way.
I'd take being cold over being hot any day of the week. That's what the blankets are for!

I don't use a fan since the air conditioner is running most of the time, be it winter or summer.
There's only about a month or so when it's not in use at all.

No fan for me... I think the noise would just keep me awake!

I like the fan circulating air in the room, but not blowing directly on me.

i usually fall asleep listening to podcasts so the noise is a non-issue, lol.

I also like the air circulation in the room, but not blowing directly on me. :cool:

I have this quacky, personal theory that it's healthier....the little viruses & other icky things have a tougher time settling down; also keeping the bedroom a bit cooler than the rest of the house at nite. :D

Right now its too cold for a fan but I have a small table fan on the lowest setting in my room. Just for a little circulation.

With the fan running. I need some kind of noise going in the background. Otherwise it's too quiet.

I don't need a fan to sleep. I mean, there is no point trying to get used to using fan and sleep. If there is a light challenge, I may end up not enjoying the sleep.

When I sleep, no matter the temperature and the time of year I have to have the fan running, I find if the fan is not running I struggle to sleep without the noise of the fan.

I used to think I was weird but then found more people who also do that. so I don't feel alone anymore.

Depends on the season for me too. In summer, the AC tends to be on a lot. If it's winter... Sometimes I use it if the heat gets too high but usually not necessary.

I have sensitive eyes so while I love having a fan on, they dry out my eyes and they get all irritated.

I have sensitive eyes so while I love having a fan on, they dry out my eyes and they get all irritated.
Well, close your eyes & go to sleep. :p :p :p :p :p

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom