What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

What’s your favorite board game?

Nebulous

Maintenance Man
Administrator
Founder

What’s your favorite board game?

Music Video Jail GIF by Polyvinyl Records

go fish?

I love that game, and though it's acard game, not a board game, it's still a lot of fun

suppose board game would probably be snakes and ladders or tumbling monkeys

Mouse Trap.
Snakes and Ladders is another good one too.

I'm not really a fan of any board games that take a long time to play, especially if they can reach a point where it becomes clear who the winner will be and you're just going through the motions to get the game over with.

Back in the olden (board game) days:
Clue and Pigmania

I have that game on my shelf, I got it YEARS ago and its still wrapped in plastic, never opened. Lol
Well, I would suggest that you break it open & play a few rounds....fun game. But, I suspect that might never happen as long as we have 'the web' to play with. I figured it would have been ditched by now, but was surprised to find the well-used Pigmania game day before yesterday. Since getting involved with internet I don't think I've played a board or card game....not even solitaire. :LOL:

Well, I would suggest that you break it open & play a few rounds....fun game. But, I suspect that might never happen as long as we have 'the web' to play with. I figured it would have been ditched by now, but was surprised to find the well-used Pigmania game day before yesterday. Since getting involved with internet I don't think I've played a board or card game....not even solitaire. :LOL:
I should! I actually set up a monopoly game but we never got around to playing it.

Total posts 18216 • Total topics 494 • Total members 49

I really like Catan.

Anyone here ever played it?

Never heard of that, what is it ?
It's about getting 10 'Victory Points' that you earn Building Towns and Cities (you need resources to do that, you can earn resources depending of where your Towns and Cities are located in the board), you need to expand to build in 'places' you need and to do that, sometimes you haver to trade with other players. That's a super quick resume haha

xIoWPvv.jpeg

catan-tablero-1024x576.jpg

It's about getting 10 'Victory Points' that you earn Building Towns and Cities (you need resources to do that, you can earn resources depending of where your Towns and Cities are located in the board), you need to expand to build in 'places' you need and to do that, sometimes you haver to trade with other players. That's a super quick resume haha

xIoWPvv.jpeg

Sounds fun!

xIoWPvv.jpeg

Cool!! Where can I get it?

Snakes and Ladders / Chutes and Ladders

Whats that?
You guys call it Parcheesi, if I'm not mistaken. Your boards are slightly different, but the concept is the same.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom