What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Most tragic quality for a roommate

Which seems the most tragic quality in a roommate?

• Has absolutely foul personal habits.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Doesnt clean up after their pets.

• Never does his/her laundry.

• Refuses to clean up after themselves.

• Inflicts his/her personal morals on you.

• Eats all of your food.

• "Borrows" your things.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Is always "getting busy" in their room and you can hear it.

• Never, ever leaves.

• Follows you around everywhere / wants to go do things with you.

• Is always late with their share of the bills.

• Always has lots of people over.

• Other (please share personal experiences :))

• Total voters

Nebulous

Maintenance Man
Administrator
Founder

Which seems the most tragic quality in a roommate?

I voted:

Is always late with their share of the bills.

and

Always has lots of people over.

After me and my daughter's mom broke up, she moved out of our townhouse we were renting. I couldn't pay the bills myself so I invited a couple from work to come live with me. They were very strange. They wanted everything separate (especially food /dishes in the kitchen). They would never offer me any food when they were cooking dinner but I would always offer them some of what I was cooking. The guy never wanted me and his girl alone so whenever he was at work and I happened to be at home, he would make her go to her moms house.

They moved out about six months later so I could not afford live there anymore. I asked my ex if she wanted to take it over (since her name was still on the lease), so she did and I moved out.

It was okay though because my grandparents let me move into their house (they werent living in) out in the country. I lived there for almost a year but they kicked me out because I was having wild parties and being a little crazy. I think when my grandma walked in on me having sex with some girl, that was the last straw and they told me to leave. I wish I had never screwed that up because it was paradise.

Anyways, after that I moved in with one of my friends who needed a roommate, he was always owing me money because he didn't have enough to pay his half of the rent / utilities. He would also have a ton of people over drinking all hours of the night. I was working the morning shift back then at the job I had and it was hard to sleep. Also I found out that he started dealing drugs so I thought it was best to leave so before I end up in jail for being an accomplis or something.

Funny thing was he did get busted a month or two after I left and is in jail now.

After that I had lost my job and got another job as a temp / part timer. So I moved in with my friends mom (a mean old British lady). I lived with her for a few months until I got permanent / full time status and I then got a place of my own without any roommates. I dont think I will ever do the roommate thing again.

Yep.. Just imagine what I left out (what I felt was inappropriate to share)
tongue.gif

The ones Nebulous mentioned are the worst, but I can imagine it being annoying to have a roommate thrust their morals on you.

I was fortunate to never have a roommate.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom