What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Measures to prevent pandemic

~ True Legend ~

Goofy Nerd
Elite Member

The new vaccine research centre is concentrating on three types of threat:
  • known infections that are getting harder to deal with, such as antibiotic-resistant superbugs
  • potential threats that might cause a problem, including bird flu and new Covid variants
  • and "Disease X" - something unforeseen, like Covid, which takes the world by complete surprise

Great stuff! You gotta hit rock bottom to rise up!

I don't think there's anything we can do to stop global pandemics like this from happening. I believe we can crack down on it by vaccinating, practicing better hygiene, hand washing, and hope nothing new comes along to kill off a big percentage of the human race.

I don't think there's anything we can do to stop global pandemics like this from happening. I believe we can crack down on it by vaccinating, practicing better hygiene, hand washing, and hope nothing new comes along to kill off a big percentage of the human race.
The public sector always talks about lessons learnt. Yet these things just occur again. Buildings weren't found safer after the Grenfell fire.

The public sector always talks about lessons learnt. Yet these things just occur again. Buildings weren't found safer after the Grenfell fire.

I knew the mask and the lockdown wouldn't work here in the states. There's a lot of uneducated people who don't understand the term "cross contamination" or how a virus is spread. You'd be surprised. People had imaginary high expectations that the US government could stop it. No, once a pathogen like this is out and spreading, it is out of the government's control. What they can do is make people vaccinate to cut down on the spread of pathogens. It doesn't help when you have people who are completely anti vaax and unwilling to do the responsible thing. I had a boss who stated that vaccinations had harmful chemicals in them and said vaccinations caused autism and retardation. Sorry, I didn't believe his confirmation biased claims because he failed to meet his burden of proof.

Speaking of which,
Ministers plan to increase the numbers aboard up to 500, despite safety warnings from the Fire Brigades Union (FBU) which has raised concerns over narrow exits and possible overcrowding.

The Home Office says the men aged 18-65, from various countries, could spend nine months on board the barge, which it views as safe and has previously been used to accommodate homeless people and asylum seekers in Germany and the Netherlands.

It seems to be the same case with the migrant crisis. A reaction rather than a proactive approach. That is the problem. "It's never happened before" does not mean it will never happen. Best safe than sorry!

Looks like a pandemic comes around about every 100 years, so we'll all be dead by the time another one happens, if the trend continues.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom