What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

I’m Basically Furious Today

EllieCat

Off Topix Veteran

Haven’t made a ranting thread ina while but today I’m really furious with something that is happening in school. So, two teachers have been using prayer as a punishment because some kids are talking. So they do three Hail Marys and one Our Father for every person that talks. Freaking ridiculous right? I believe prayer should be a way to think of good things, not bad things such as punishment. I’m planning to write an email on this because it goes on when we are dismissed and going out for recess or lunch. Another thing is that we aren’t talking loud, just small murmurs and whispers. Who the hell made this happen? Please give advice.Im angry about this.

Ill never forget my middle school years where I forgot to turn in a hw assignment one day and the teacher told me I had to right an entire book of the bible as punishment lol. I can sympathize with what youre going through.

Even small murmurs and whispers is bad behaviour. This is because it disturbs the students who actually want to study. As students if you are in a class, you should maintain pin drop silence. If you really want to talk you can do it by writing (which I generally am okay with, not sure about other teachers).

Even then you should not talk because it means you are not doing what you should be doing, that is studying and obtaining knowledge for the future. This is regardless of how the teacher teaches, at school in a study period you should study seriously. Keep the gossip for recess or free periods.

The punishment is just wrong. I would probably give a verbal warning. Giving scriptures to write is breaking secular values.

My perspective as a teacher.

Even small murmurs and whispers is bad behaviour. This is because it disturbs the students who actually want to study. As students if you are in a class, you should maintain pin drop silence. If you really want to talk you can do it by writing (which I generally am okay with, not sure about other teachers).

Even then you should not talk because it means you are not doing what you should be doing, that is studying and obtaining knowledge for the future. This is regardless of how the teacher teaches, at school in a study period you should study seriously. Keep the gossip for recess or free periods.

The punishment is just wrong. I would probably give a verbal warning. Giving scriptures to write is breaking secular values.

My perspective as a teacher.
Forgot about this thread.

Oh, it’s during dismissal where everyone wants to go home. It’s not even crowded as well.

Their reputation has gone down though.

Sorry to hear your school experience isn't great right now. :hug:

IT HAPPENED AGAIN! It’s this one teacher. Like get over it. Please stop making us do this.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom