What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

How did you meet your significant other?

Mad Hatter

I'm as crazy as a shithouse rat!

Now I realize that some of you are living in solitude mode, and that is o.k. With some of you it's by choice, others it's by circumstance. With me it was never by choice, I just was striking out again and again. I have average looks and an average paycheck, and my vehicle is slightly below average. Was I ever going to meet that girl? I knew that she was out there, but where?

Some of you may remember the forum "Wicca's Cauldron". It basically was a social site for witches. I am not into any of that hocus pocus stuff, but they had a wrestling board on there and I joined up for that. Anyway one of the witches was (is) a very pretty girl that went by the username of Jezebel. I know that a few of you were members on that forum and many more of you would drop by as guests. Jezebel posted 2 videos of herself explaining all this witch stuff, so y'all know how pretty she is having seen her image.

I PMed her and she was so nice, next thing we video linked, then came the phone calls. Then I flew to Los Angeles to visit her and we became an item. Now she is here living with me having left L.A. and moving here, and she is my girl.(y) (I got her a job with the company I work for)

As to the witch stuff she is what is called a 'white witch' and is committed to doing only good. I stay away from it and she doesn't try to convert me. But......I do suspect that she may have cast a love spell on me.:wub:

So what about you, how did you meet him/her?

Last edited:
Doing a Master of Library and Information Science degree (i.e. training to be a professional librarian), I took part-time work in the school's computer lab. One day, the guy running the lab asked me and a doctoral student who was doing some work there to vet and organize some files. Said doctoral student was a pretty international student from China. We hit it off but as friends at first. Things went uphill from there. That was in February and I think first kiss happened in May. That was 35 years ago.

I'm currently in a... limbo situation? I'm not 100% sure where I stand with the guy I am interested in, though we seem to like each other. I don't know if he actually counts as my 'significant other' at this point. The last person I dated definitively was a guy I met on a roleplay forum over half a decade ago- we dated on and off due to various issues, but I haven't talked to him since mid last year at this point.

The guy I'm interested in is actually my childhood friend. I've known him for like twenty years (online). We met through a mutual love of the dot hack franchise way back when.

I'm currently in a... limbo situation? I'm not 100% sure where I stand with the guy I am interested in,
Do you believe in destiny? If you do then your fate is somewhat predetermined, and if it is to be then it shall be.

Do you believe in destiny? If you do then your fate is somewhat predetermined, and if it is to be then it shall be.
I have a mixed view on destiny. I was raised to believe "we're all born for a person and a purpose" but at the same time... I'm pretty sure my purpose is just trying to figure all that stuff out in the long run. Either way, I won't know until it happens... So all I can do is answer based on the current scenario.

A writing community online. We wrote together and the rest is history as they say.

My 2nd wife, who I've been with for three years, I met on Tinder. We hit it off really well.

I answered their personal ad online. We didn't have an online relationship at all though, that was just the vehicle for meeting. We literally exchanged contact info online and then the rest was in-person.

I met my husband while I was on a friend date with his predecessor.. he took my order while I was there to see a movie with a guy from school who later asked me out that night.. I later started working at the same place he was, and we became friends and didn't start dating until the end of that year, which was 4 months after my ex and I broke up.

24 years later, my husband and I are still together..

I met my husband while I was on a friend date with his predecessor.. he took my order while I was there to see a movie with a guy from school who later asked me out that night.. I later started working at the same place he was, and we became friends and didn't start dating until the end of that year, which was 4 months after my ex and I broke up.

24 years later, my husband and I are still together..

Aww, sounds like fate to me!

Via forums :p .

We were friends for a couple of years before getting together, though.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom