What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Heavy Traffic

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark

Do you drive well in horrible traffic?

or does it stress you out and give you bad anxiety?

driving los angeles GIF by James Curran

I drive well when there’s heavy traffic, but I can’t stand driving when there’s a lot of traffic. If i can avoid driving when there’s bad traffic, then I’ll wait till it dies down.

Living in the most populated state in the USA, yes I deal with traffic all the time! :banghead:

Plot twist, I don't even have a license (anxiety and health problems make it hard to want to try).
That said... Traffic gives me anxiety even as a passenger. But to be fair, New Jersey drivers are notorious in this country for being despicably bad.

If you are a driver, make sure to bump your car insurance up to full coverage. Every other person is on their phone and people be running into each other left and right these days.

It pisses me off.. especially rubbernecking delays on the Belt and Southern State Parkways.. as bad as they are, they don't hold a candle to the taxi drivers (livery or TLC) and dollar vans that drive like they are besties with Death..

They just have no fear.. and then when they eventually cause an accident they have all night garages to hide their cars in to avoid being caught.. my husband was actually in an accident with one of these assholes.. dude left the scene, but was still caught..

It pisses me off.. especially rubbernecking delays on the Belt and Southern State Parkways.. as bad as they are, they don't hold a candle to the taxi drivers (livery or TLC) and dollar vans that drive like they are besties with Death..

They just have no fear.. and then when they eventually cause an accident they have all night garages to hide their cars in to avoid being caught.. my husband was actually in an accident with one of these assholes.. dude left the scene, but was still caught..

Glad he was caught, running from the scene adds some criminal charges I believe.

I absolutely despise traffic. Other drivers give me rage, which amounts to a lot of yelling in my car, and I will do just about anything to avoid heavy traffic. I am lucky enough to live just 3km from my job, which is outside the city, and I work afternoons/evenings and nights so I don't deal with commuter traffic at all on a daily basis. If I had a "normal" job with a commute, I probably would have had a stroke by now.

I absolutely despise traffic. Other drivers give me rage, which amounts to a lot of yelling in my car, and I will do just about anything to avoid heavy traffic. I am lucky enough to live just 3km from my job, which is outside the city, and I work afternoons/evenings and nights so I don't deal with commuter traffic at all on a daily basis. If I had a "normal" job with a commute, I probably would have had a stroke by now.

You get used to it I suppose. More time to listen to podcasts and audio books.

I used to be more irritated by traffic, but it is what it is. I'm part of it, too, so what reason do I have to complain? If I really didn't want to deal with traffic, I could walk or take public transit. It would take twice as long to get to and from where I want to go, but it's another option. Besides, I live in a city that doesn't have nearly as bad traffic as some of the other major cities on the west coast. People here complain too much about the 'traffic' we have when it could be ten times worse.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom