What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Do you play video games?

Olivia

Tell me about it
Thread Creator

Do you play video games?

If so, what type of video games do you play the most?

If not, why not?

Video Games Gamer GIF

Yes. JRPGs mostly though I stray into other genres occasionally when my interest is piqued.

I have it. Played some of it. I need to play more though.
If it's your first play through, do the Mantis quest. It gives you good starter armor and a free ship that's better than the Frontier starting out.

If it's your first play through, do the Mantis quest. It gives you good starter armor and a free ship that's better than the Frontier starting out.
Will do. If I'm going to play that, I need to just focus on that and carve out the time to do so.

How many hours have you put in?
A total of 9 days according to my save file. I'm level 89.

If you want to keep all of your toys towards the end of the game, beware the ending. I can't say because of spoilers.

A total of 9 days according to my save file. I'm level 89.

If you want to keep all of your toys towards the end of the game, beware the ending. I can't say because of spoilers.
Damn. Wait so if you keep your stuff, that affects the ending?

Damn. Wait so if you keep your stuff, that affects the ending?

No. There's a thing called New Game Plus once you finish the main quest line. It's completely optional and you keep your current level, powers, and perks if you decide to do it.

This should clear up some confusion.

No. There's a thing called New Game Plus once you finish the main quest line. It's completely optional and you keep your current level, powers, and perks. This should clear up some confusion.

Ah. That makes more sense. I read just the top of the article as not to spoil it for myself. I saw a couple of things and I'm like nope. I want to be surprised when I get to that point.

Ah. That makes more sense. I read just the top of the article as not to spoil it for myself. I saw a couple of things and I'm like nope. I want to be surprised when I get to that point.
I've been through it 5 times. I'm trying to max out some things and get the best armor.

For the vast majority of my life, absolutely I have and will continue to play games. Love 'em! All types of games.

Yes, but lately between burning my candle at both ends to get my ENTIRE HOUSE SETTLED I haven't had much time.

This is one of the reasons why I am pushing to get this done by Christmas at least (it should be easier as we are 98% done with upstairs, and downstairs should be much easier since it is our garages, laundry room and second living room..) so that we both can get back to gaming.. and the other fun stuff we like to do..

Is it any good?
I don't know. I was thinking about renting it from Gamefly just to check it out because it seems everyone is on it so I thought maybe you had it on your list too. Of course I have to wait until I finish some of what I'm already playing first lol.

gaming is gaming. everyone who games are real gamers
This. I hate that people set standards for what is and isn't a gamer. I've been gaming all my life, even back when it was considered geeky to be "into" games. These days, I don't have much time for gaming, so I'm more casual in what I play. Am I still a gamer? I'd say so. Then you get the people who spend hours and hours every single day focusing on one single game and only one game. Are they gamers? I think trying to throw a label on what is or isn't a gamer is ridiculous. If you game and you like to play games, you're a gamer, and even if you're not into games, there's nothing wrong with not being a gamer.

This. I hate that people set standards for what is and isn't a gamer. I've been gaming all my life, even back when it was considered geeky to be "into" games. These days, I don't have much time for gaming, so I'm more casual in what I play. Am I still a gamer? I'd say so. Then you get the people who spend hours and hours every single day focusing on one single game and only one game. Are they gamers? I think trying to throw a label on what is or isn't a gamer is ridiculous. If you game and you like to play games, you're a gamer, and even if you're not into games, there's nothing wrong with not being a gamer.
so true especially when people act like children being judgmental bout people who doesnt game and console wars etc like seriously -.-

I do, but not as much as I used to when I was younger. I think at some point I just became so overwhelmed with other things in my life that it's hard to find the motivation to play. Coupled with the fact that there haven't been too many game releases I've been super psyched about, and I just ended up not playing many. I think the last big release I played with Star Wars: Jedi Survivor. Really looking forward to FFVII Rebirth, though! I play a lot of SimCity 5, too.

I've loved video games since childhood. I primarily play RPGs and simulation games, along with puzzlers- though puzzle games I tend to prefer handheld/mobile, while the rest I play on all devices more regularly. It's interesting 'cause when I was younger I loved platformers, but I just don't enjoy them as much now as I did when I was a kid. I've always loved the rest though.

Lately I haven't been playing them as much as I used to. When I took that 6 years off forums I was really into them :gamer:

It's easier than I thought to start over with New Game Plus (you keep your level and perks). Over the weekend I walked through the Unity and started a new universe. I gave up everything. Once I started my new universe, the first thing I did was that I stole a ship (class C) from some Pirates.

Never buy a ship. There's a thing called Hijacking where you just steal a ship and register it. If you don't register a ship, you can't upgrade or build onto it. I rarely ever steal ships from friendly NPC's. I mostly always steal from outlaw NPC's such as Pirates, Spacers, The Ecliptic, or the Va'ruun.

Out of all of the ships I've taken, I have kept 4 Class C ships that I really like, the max class for any ship in the game. Once you have piloting maxed out and at least one point in Targeting, you can board and hijack any ship easily. You can also register and sell them for a pretty penny. I've sold 6 ships that I didn't want to keep and I'll probably sell more the longer I stay in this new universe.

This tutorial is pretty easy to follow.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom