What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Do you like your siblings?

Mad Hatter

I'm as crazy as a shithouse rat!

I have 3 sisters, two in Montana and 1 in Texas. One sister the youngest is a very cool, trippy kind of person. She plays guitar and smokes a lot of pot.:cool: I don't, but it seems to make her mellow so who am I to judge?
As to the other 2 you can have them both. One works as a stripper in a biker bar and her deadbeat boyfriend is a hardcore biker. She has tattoos on both arms and is an alcoholic. She is an argument waiting for a place to happen. Don't need or want her in my life. The other one down in Texas married into money and with her it's brag, brag, brag, and more bragging. It is enough to make me vomit. She is loud and obnoxious and makes me want to scream. Selfish as the day is long and overbearing as well. Thankfully she is in far away Texas....I feel sorry for Texas!:noway:

What about you, good siblings or lousy ones?

I'm an only child (biologically speaking). The closest I have to siblings biologically is my cousins. I grew up calling one of my older cousins (my one male cousin, lol) my big brother. We're not nearly as close as that now, but... Still. Closest I've got.

If we don't include biology and legal means, I have a lot of siblings though. I grew up learning you could treat your friends as family members, and I live by that entirely. Yesterday, for example, was my 'twin brother's' birthday. I put it in quotes because, again, no biology or legal means relates us- and we're not literal twins, either. We're 24 days apart in age and very similar, so we just call ourselves that. But still, you get the point. To me, my siblings are awesome because they're people I chose. :'D

My sister and I are very different but we are best friends. So yeah, I like her. :happy:

Absolutely! My relationship with my siblings is fantastic.
Despite living in different countries, we make sure to stay in close touch, and our bond remains strong

My sister and I get along just fine, we disagree, but often times just get past it and move on. Sibling stuff. My half-sister and I used to have a very strained relationship because I just couldn't relate to her, she's a hippy, into raw living and things like that. It was like that until I came out to her, then we suddenly had something to bond over and...well, we've had a decent relationship since then. My half-brother hated me from the moment I was born until the day he took his own life. He was a cruel, cruel person.

^I wonder if he was somehow related to my so called father?
lol, possibly. I think my brother had a lot of mental health issues and was too stubborn to get seen by a therapist. I'm not one to talk, I waited far too long to see one myself, but doing so changed my life considerably. I wonder if he had, if maybe he'd have been a different person...

I do love my siblings. I have 2.5 brothers. Two from mom/dad and one older one from dad I don't have a relationship with due to his life choices. I haven't spoken to him in a long while, but I would definitely have a conversation if he wanted to. Otherwise, my second older brother lives nearby and the younger one is in a different state. I love them both very much and am very proud of them.

I have a brother I grew up with and a half brother I've never met. I love my brother but I honestly can't stand who he has become as a person and would honestly rather stay far away from him unless something changes.

I have a sister and my brother passed about five years ago. I love them both. Used to be way more closer with my sister when I was younger. We still get along but as I got older probably was closest to my brother.

I have two half sisters I get along with. We both see eye to eye. My brother on the hand is an abusive narcissist asshole, who can burn because we're always gonna be done.

I have a love/hate relationship with my brother. He makes very bad choices and is not good with money and is always screwing up his life... but he is family.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom