What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Cosmetics

Nebulous

Maintenance Man
Administrator
Founder

What do you think about people wearing make-up?

How much more beautiful do you / do people look with cosmetics?

Why is most lipstick red or pink? What’s wrong with black or green?

Do you think people look better without make-up?

Don’t you think cosmetics are a waste of money?

Do people use cosmetics because they lack confidence? Or rather, it boosts their confidence?

Do you know anyone who uses too much make-up?

sexy make up GIF by Guava Juice

What do you think about people wearing make-up?
I don't see any issue with individuals, regardless of gender, wearing makeup. If it brings them joy and they have the means to afford it, why not? It's simply a personal choice, no different from purchasing any other item.

How much more beautiful do you / do people look with cosmetics?
It can certainly boost up your features, add a pop of colour, and give you that polished look.
Some people find themselves extra confident and empowered with makeup on, while others prefer to keep it natural. But ultimately, it's about how you feel and what you want, not about conforming to others' expectations.

Why is most lipstick red or pink? What’s wrong with black or green?

Red has been a classic lipstick colour for a long time, associated with glamour and confidence.
Pink offers a softer, more subtle alternative that still aligns with traditional femininity.

As for colours like black or green, there's nothing wrong with them.:p

Do you think people look better without make-up?

Opinions on whether someone looks better with or without makeup differ from one person to another.
It's a matter of personal preference, and what suits one individual might not suit another.

It depends on individual perspectives and priorities.

Do people use cosmetics because they lack confidence? Or rather, it boosts their confidence?
Some people use cosmetics to feel more confident, while others use them to express themselves.

Do you know anyone who uses too much make-up?
Yes and No. :p
As long as someone feels comfortable and their makeup suits the occasion, the amount they use shouldn't be a concern. , the amount they use is not something that should bother anyone.

Due to autism related sensory issues, I don't wear makeup. But I have no problem with those who do.

What do you think about people wearing make-up? Cool.

How much more beautiful do you / do people look with cosmetics? I Don't know.

Why is most lipstick red or pink? What’s wrong with black or green? Who knows?

Do you think people look better without make-up? Not sure.

No. If you want to wear it and feel good about yourself, go for it.

Do people use cosmetics because they lack confidence? Or rather, it boosts their confidence? I can't answer for everyone, only myself. I like it because it makes me feel good.

Do you know anyone who uses too much make-up? The person in the gif.

I'd rather the women in my life didn't poison themselves in the name of vanity.

Since lipstick was mentioned, let's take a look at one product from one big name company.

revlon-lip-colorstay-overtime-liquid-lipcolor-beauty-9x16-alt1.ashx

Ingredients for Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick​

Ingredients​

Isododecane, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyethylene, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Disteardimonium Hectorite, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Propylene Carbonate, Silica, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Methicone, Bht, Sorbic Acid. May Contain/Peut Contenir [+/-: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, 77492, 77499), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 6 Lake (Ci 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Red 33 Lake (Ci 17200), Yellow 6 (Ci 15985), Carmine (Ci 75470)].

It is interesting to note that Revlon does NOT list their ingredients on the product page:

As an example I picked on BHT:

Butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT) is a toluene-based ingredient used as a preservative in food and personal care products.
See how this product scores for common concerns.

• MODERATE
    Cancer

• HIGH
    Allergies & Immunotoxicity

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom