What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Best State

What is the best state in the USA?

• Alabama

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alaska

• Arizona

• Arkansas

• Connecticut

• Delaware

• Florida

• Georgia

• Hawaii

• Idaho

• Indiana

• Iowa

• Kanasa

• Kentucky

• Louisiana

• Maine

• Maryland

• Massachusetts

• Michigan

• Minnesota

• Mississippi

• Missouri

• Montana

• Nebraska

• Nevada

• New hampshire

• New Jersey

• New Mexico

• North Dakota

• Ohio

• Oklahoma

• Pennsylvania

• Rhode Island

• South Carolina

• South Dakota

• Tennessee

• Texas

• Utah

• Virginia

• Washington

• West Virginia

• Wisconsin

• Wyoming

• Total voters

Randy

Aw, awww!
Thread Creator

What is the best state in the USA?

July 4 Usa GIF

Enough said. 😎

I've only visited a few, but I voted for Colorado. I was going to vote Texas, because I enjoyed my time there, but they have a number of laws that I flat out hate that they passed, so, soz Texas.

I voted California because I am born and raised here…. but in reality, California sucks.

Don’t tell anyone. :p
I hate to crap on your home, but...yeah...California was awful when I stayed there (in a hotel...in Costa Mesa...)

I hate to crap on your home, but...yeah...California was awful when I stayed there (in a hotel...in Costa Mesa...)
Never been to that city but I’m sure it sucks! :LOL:

A classmate went to LA for her wedding anniversary and she loved it.

A classmate went to LA for her wedding anniversary and she loved it.
I'm sure California has some absolutely gorgeous parts, I sort of wished I had the chance to explore NorCal, as I hear it's breathtaking. I managed to take a bit of a tour of everywhere in California you don't really want to be, somehow :D

I'm happy no one picked Missouri, because trust me this state sucks! Anyways I picked Oregon, my spouse and I really would love to move there someday. We both love the weather they have year round.

I'm happy no one picked Missouri, because trust me this state sucks! Anyways I picked Oregon, my spouse and I really would love to move there someday. We both love the weather they have year round.
...especially Branson...eek.

I'm happy no one picked Missouri, because trust me this state sucks!
We North Carolinians feel the same way about South Carolina - especially the Greenville/Spartanburg area; that region is Fundamentalist Central.

My neighbors are from California and they said it was unreal with how expensive everything is over there.

Last edited:
I'm happy no one picked Missouri, because trust me this state sucks!
St. Louis, Kansas City, Columbia (home to Mizzou) and Jefferson City (the state capital) are nice bastions of sanity in an insane-as- :censored: state...

Insane? How?
Insane in the sense that the very deep-red Republican state, for instance, nearly nominated Eric Greitens to run for the open Senate seat this year (remember, the former governor there who got turfed out for some rather unsavory stuff involving an ex-girlfriend if I'm not mistaken).....

I'm sure California has some absolutely gorgeous parts, I sort of wished I had the chance to explore NorCal, as I hear it's breathtaking. I managed to take a bit of a tour of everywhere in California you don't really want to be, somehow :D

Usually near the ocean or mountains is beautiful, the rest is BS :LOL:

My neighbors are from California and they said it was unreal with how expensive everything is over there.

Oh absolutely! Ridiculous how expensive things are there!

Expensive but jobs pay more so it kind of evens out. However, if I was still renting I would have a lot less spending money that's for sure.
Thankfully I was able to buy a house and put a large down-payment (over 50% of the purchase price) so my mortgage payment is half (or even 1/3rd) the amount people usually pay for rent around here.

Usually near the ocean or mountains is beautiful, the rest is BS :LOL:
I can attest to that, most definitely!
Expensive but jobs pay more so it kind of evens out. However, if I was still renting I would have a lot less spending money that's for sure.
Thankfully I was able to buy a house and put a large down-payment (over 50% of the purchase price) so my mortgage payment is half (or even 1/3rd) the amount people usually pay for rent around here.
That's a great way to do it, for sure! Need as much cash free as possible to afford life there.

Before I owned a house I rented a tiny 2 bedroom apartment and my rent was more than my mortgage payment on this big house. :p

Before I owned a house I rented a tiny 2 bedroom apartment and my rent was more than my mortgage payment on this big house. :p
I absolutely believe it, California is just nutty!

It's the only place I've ever lived and known, its all normal to me. :shrug:
Understandable, I've lived in so many different places that I've experienced it all, expensive and cheap. Cheap is nice :D

Understandable, I've lived in so many different places that I've experienced it all, expensive and cheap. Cheap is nice :D
Places with lower cost of living also have jobs that pay like $7 an hour so you're poor no matter where you are. :p

Places with lower cost of living also have jobs that pay like $7 an hour so you're poor no matter where you are. :p
True, but you don't have to earn $100k/yr just to live there, lol. I remember living in Arkansas for a year...cost next to nothing compared to AZ (in fairness, AZ was dirt cheap, too, until about 2006 when all of the Californians moved here to buy up real estate and jack up living expenses, lol).

True, but you don't have to earn $100k/yr just to live there, lol. I remember living in Arkansas for a year...cost next to nothing compared to AZ (in fairness, AZ was dirt cheap, too, until about 2006 when all of the Californians moved here to buy up real estate and jack up living expenses, lol).

Crazy that Californians would want to relocate to Arizona, its like California but with all the qualities people complain most about here. :p

If I relocated, I'd go somewhere cold! :cold:

Crazy that Californians would want to relocate to Arizona, its like California but with all the qualities people complain most about here. :p
It's like California but WAY worse and not oceans to cool off with. Now it's almost as expensive as CA, too! So yeah, thanks California ;)
If I relocated, I'd go somewhere cold! :cold:
Agreed! I want to move to Canada, honestly, a commonwealth nation (while the Commonwealth still exists) that has universal healthcare. I can't afford the medical expenses I have, and that's one area the US will never truly make headway on, so I would like to move to a country that embraces universal healthcare as a right and somewhere that's nice and cool. Arkansas, Texas, Arizona...I'm done with hot states.

It's like California but WAY worse and not oceans to cool off with. Now it's almost as expensive as CA, too! So yeah, thanks California ;)
Can't blame me, I am still here :D
Agreed! I want to move to Canada, honestly, a commonwealth nation (while the Commonwealth still exists) that has universal healthcare. I can't afford the medical expenses I have, and that's one area the US will never truly make headway on, so I would like to move to a country that embraces universal healthcare as a right and somewhere that's nice and cool. Arkansas, Texas, Arizona...I'm done with hot states.
Sounds good, lets go!

YES! People say bro all the time. Kind of glad my previous co-worker left because he literally said 'bro' every other word. No joke.
Ugh, I'd never be able to work with someone like that!

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom