What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Are you normal?

Would you consider yourself to be a normal person?

• Yes

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 81.8%

• Total voters

Nebulous

Maintenance Man
Administrator
Founder

Define "normal". Do you mean conforming to a standard or an expectation set by society? Boring? Traditional? Hum drum?

I wouldn't necessarily say I'm normal by any means, but we first have to determine what normal means in this situation.

Dee said:
Define "normal".

:LOL: I knew that question was coming. That definition is up to you and open for interpretation.

I wouldn't say I am a normal person. :ponder:

Nebulous said:
Dee said:
Define "normal".

:LOL: I knew that question was coming. That definition is up to you and open for interpretation.

I wouldn't say I am a normal person. :ponder:

Well, a lot of it depends on expectations of the society you live in:

1) Age - Different expectations for normal in certain age brackets
2) Gender - Different expectations for male/female/transgender, etc
3) Race - Different expectations for certain races depending on where you live
4) Education - Expectations about your 'career' in education
5) Work experience - Job expectations at certain ages, promotions, where you should "be in life" as dictated by several factors.
6) Marriage & Kids (eg creating your own family)
7) Sexuality
8) What kind of music you listen to
9) Hobbies, etc

Nebulous said:
Don't over-think it. :p

Haha, I can't help it! It's not as simple as "yes, I'm normal" or "no, I'm not normal." There's always the WHY are you normal/not normal question that has to follow. :D

Dee said:
Nebulous said:
Don't over-think it. :p

Haha, I can't help it! It's not as simple as "yes, I'm normal" or "no, I'm not normal." There's always the WHY are you normal/not normal question that has to follow. :D

I could be a culmination of several factors. :p

I wouldn't say I was normal in the sense I don't think there is a 'normal'. I probably fall under some category of a 'label' but the word 'normal' covers almost everyone, I mean, if I had 2 brains and 14 legs and 5 eyes then okay maybe I wouldn't count as normal haha

Anyone who says they're normal is a liar. Everyone is different.

Crusader said:

:woot: Thats the answer I was looking for, I pictured this poll to be 100% "No's" when I created it, and that's what it is.

Dont feel bad about being different peeps! We all are. :grouphug:

Nebulous said:
Crusader said:

:woot: Thats the answer I was looking for, I pictured this poll to be 100% "No's" when I created it, and that's what it is.

Haha, if I'd've known the answer was rigged, I...! Well, I don't know what I would've done. In that case, I am not normal at all.

cRfxSWc.jpg

Dee said:
Nebulous said:
Crusader said:

Haha, if I'd've known the answer was rigged, I...! Well, I don't know what I would've done. In that case, I am not normal at all.

Now that my Public Service Announcement has been exposed, I can foresee a few "Yes" votes :p

I'm not normal. I have mental issues. I don't think like a normal person would.

I'm normal by my own standards, and that's good enough for me. If anyone happens to share my standards of normality - great. If not - that's their problem, not mine.

I don't think there is such a thing as a 'normal' person. Every living being is unique and everyone has their quirks.

Nope. I'm totally crazy. :crazy:
I'm normal by my own standards, and that's good enough for me. If anyone happens to share my standards of normality - great. If not - that's their problem, not mine.
This still applies for me, but now, 7 years later, I care even less what anyone on this whole planet thinks of me. If someone doesn't like me for whatever reason and thus believes I'm not normal because I don't fit into their frame of "normality" - tough, not my problem.

Never been normal in me life, mate. I'm on the spectrum so expecting me to be normal is asking the impossible.

Define normal; let us expound on the philosophical aspects of the word "normal"......

When I first started my job a co-worker came up to me and said "you are one of the few normal people here!" A year or so later I went up to him and asked why he hadn't said that since, and he just looked at me for a few seconds and then walked away. 😅😅 So maybe I am too normal? 😮😮

Nope. I'm totally crazy. :crazy:
Me too :crazylol:
Never been normal in me life, mate. I'm on the spectrum so expecting me to be normal is asking the impossible.
Nobody expects you to be normal :hug:
HAS ANYONE SEEN MY JACKET?! IT'S WHITE WITH SLEEVES THAT MAKE YOU HUG YOURSELF AND A CUTE BELT Anyone.....anyone😅
:LOL: Its in your bedroom, the one with no furniture and padded walls.
:highfive:
Define normal; let us expound on the philosophical aspects of the word "normal"......
Nope, open for interpretation as I mentioned several years ago :p
When I first started my job a co-worker came up to me and said "you are one of the few normal people here!" A year or so later I went up to him and asked why he hadn't said that since, and he just looked at me for a few seconds and then walked away. 😅😅 So maybe I am too normal? 😮😮
If everyone isn't normal, then being abnormal is normal. :D

Nope. I wear my badge of weirdness proudly.

I consider myself unique, like a limited edition piece of clothing :LOL:

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom